Specialising in Coffs Harbour brakes, clutch and suspension.
BrakePoint & Mechanical Repairs was first established in 1965 under the name Brake Sales & Service and has been looking after generations of Coffs Harbour customers ever since. In 1997, we became known as BrakePoint.
Our team brings an assortment of expertise. We have qualified automotive technicians and fitter machinists, all of whom have many years of experience in their respective fields.
As a Pedders authorised dealer, we are stockists of suspension, steering and brake components that are of the highest quality - as well as covered by the best warranty network in Australia! And even though we have been known for performing repairs and servicing to both local and visitor vehicles in the Coffs Harbour region for generations, we have earned a reputation as the best location to ensure your brakes and suspension are as safe as they could possibly be. WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY ON THE ROAD. Ensure the best possible service - come to BrakePoint!
At BrakePoint, we are unique in our field. We manufacture and re-manufacture brake components and cables. BrakePoint is one of the few workshops in Australia to provide these services and we have earned an impressive reputation for our hard work and skills.
We aim to be recognized Australia-wide as one of the best brake and suspension specialists in the country.
In order to meet this goal, we:
- Rely on the highest-quality products and specialty equipment.
- Employ skilled technicians and machinists who strive for nothing but perfection.
- Provide customers with the standard of service we would want for ourselves, or our families.
- Aim to continually be at the forefront of technological advancements in the field.
Specialty Equipment & Services
As the Coffs region Pedders authorised supplier - we supply and fit all suspension, steering and brake components listed in the Pedders catalogue. Click here or speak to our friendly staff for advice and fitment. All Pedders components and installation are covered by our 2 year, 40000km warranty through 120 stores Australia-wide!
Our workshop includes a Platetronic machine which precisely measures brake and suspension performance. It is the only one available to the public in the Coffs region!
We assist customers from all over Australia to find brake componentry that is difficult to find, out of production or not available within Australia. Our qualified fitter and machinists provide cylinder resleeving in cast iron and stainless steel. All master, slave, clutch and wheel cylinders are pressure tested after they are reconditioned. Workshops throughout the region send their parts by courier to be repaired. We will send them back and cover the transport costs! Brake rotors and drums can also be machined at our workshop - which is always recommended when fitting new brake pads or linings.
Cable manufacture is another unique service at BrakePoint.
OEM cables can be extremely expensive. As an alternative, we manufacture all kinds of cables to exact customer requirements including: push/pull, pull only, twist-lock, adjustable etc.
For cars, trucks, log skidders, excavators, cranes, tractors, caravans, the list goes on! Even marine-grade push/pull control cables for up to 12 metre boats. Brake, throttle, transmission, hydraulic valve control, winch control, handbrake, speedo clutch cables.
Why do customers choose BrakePoint?
- Our business has been in operation since 1965, with some of the original team still working with us today
- We provide exceptional customer service and after sales service.
- Work is completed quickly, with same-day turnarounds available for some projects. We also utilise the fastest freight methods to return parts to you as soon as possible.
- All parts sold by BrakePoint have been tried and tested in our workshop.
- Our technicians are highly experienced and happy to provide advice and recommendations for your needs.
- We can source or manufacture brake componentry that is not readily available.
- BrakePoint is one of the few specialists in bonding and sleeving.
- We keep up with the latest industry advancements and invest in the latest equipment.
The Brakepoint Repairs Team
BrakePoint is owned and operated by husband and wife team, Terry and Cathy Coombes. A large part of our success is due to the commitment of the whole team to achieving a high standard of service.
Our team includes:
Workshop Manager & Sales, Qualified Mechanic
Spare Parts Interpreter, Qualified Mechanic
Manufacture, Reconditioning & Re-kitting Technician
MTA Regional Awards—Motor Traders Association
Best underbody award
- Finalist each year
- Winner 2003, 2005.
BrakePoint Environmental Policy
We are committed to upholding strict environmental policies, including safe disposal of oils and fluids. BrakePoint aim to continually monitor and improve our practices to ensure we minimise waste to waterways, the ground and air.
To make a booking for CoffsHarbour vehicle servicing and repairs, pleasePHONE us today
(02) 6658 0226